Allow a Harbor robot account that can create other robot accounts with full privileges¶
- Status: accepted
- Deciders: arch meeting
- Date: 2022-11-17
Context and Problem Statement¶
We offer UI access to Harbor with admin privileges. Customer uses a Harbor operator that needs an admin robot account with privileges to create other robot accounts with full privileges. Should we allow creation of a Harbor robot account which can create other Harbor robot accounts?
- We want to deliver a platform that is easy to use and easy to automate.
- We want to ensure platform security and stability.
- We want to make it hard for customers to break the platform via trivial mistakes.
- Do not allow Harbor robot account which can create Harbor robot accounts.
- Allow Harbor robot accounts which can create Harbor robot accounts
Chosen option: "Allow Harbor robot accounts which can create Harbor robot accounts", because it does not provide additional privileges, but instead offers a more self-service platform.
- Harbor is more flexible and easy to automate
- Increases the chances that the customer can cripple the Harbor service.
Recommendations to Operators¶
Make it clear in the ticket requesting this that the customer accepts the risk of "shooting themselves in the foot"